If you haven't gotten a chance to read my previous post "Dreamer or Procrastinator or Completer"- Which are you? Pease check it out before reading this post (Part 2). Thx!
Ok so now that your reality check is complete, lets get down to business.
The first step in implementing real change is KNOWING! So now you know. Whew that wasn't so bad after all…moving right along. Regardless of what category you find yourself in its time to SEE IT, BELIEVE IT, and ACHIEVE IT!
So how do YOU (WE) plan to move from Visionary-Transformer-Completer???
FIRST You must have a VISION
Lets look at the various definitions of Vision:
- an imagined idea or goal to which one aspires
- the act or power of seeing
- it communicates purpose and values
- the manner in which one sees or conceives of something
- a vivid, imaginative conception or anticipation
Ok so I think we have the concept
So what's your Vision for your Life?
Habakkuk 2:2 says "Write the vision and make it plain on tablets, that he may run who reads it." Vision is where you see yourself. Vision creates direction for your life. Proverbs 29:18 (MSG) says, "If people cant see what God is doing, they stumble all over themselves; But when they attend to what he reveals, thy are most blessed." Challenge yourself to do what the Lord told Habakkuk-Write the Vision and Make it Plain. What is your vision for your life? What does God want you to see and or have? What has been placed on your heart and mind? What does this look like? Really take the time out to envision your vision. Make your vision visible by writing it down. Develop a vision statement or create a vision board. Seeing your vision stimulates growth and accountability!
*Keys to remember while you are writing/creating your vision*
- Your vision can look however you want, but make sure its VISIBLE!
- Your vision should show where you are going (direction) and display your goal(s).
- Make your vision plain! Don't overcomplicate it. Of course you must put some deep thought into it, but make sure its clear. You want your vision to be clear and concise so that you won't have to question yourself. When you look at your vision it should generate ideas on what next steps to take or what direction to move in. You want to be able to share it with others and for others to comprehend what they read. Ask yourself, "If someone read my vision statement or seen my vision board, could they run with it?" Be able to explain your vision…….you never know who may be sent to cross paths with you.
- OWN IT! SEE IT! Your visible vision should and will inspire you to take charge and action! (which we will discuss in the next post) Own your vision-ITS YOURS! Its not enough to just look at your vision but you must Visualize. See it happening in your life.
- Review your vision! Visibility allows you to refer back to it as often as you want. Your vision represents a friendly reminder that there is direction for your life and to stay on track. If you don't have direction then you are lost and aimlessly going in circles-NO WHERE! So hang up that vision board or keep your vision statement close!
Points to ponder: Take it to the next LEVEL! Think BIG! Dream Large! Stay Focused! Be Open to New IDEAS! Don't limit your vision to only include just YOU-but OTHERS! Desire to make an IMPACT! Accept Responsibility! Be Creative! Embrace the Uncertainties! Find a Need! Challenge the Statuesque. Create CHANGE! Keep this up and you will be well on your way to thinking and living like a VISIONARY!
For additional assistance here are some helpful FREE Resources:
*Smooches* Until Next Time