Kelly Rowland is all in the media for her new album, "Talk A Good Game" which released June 18, 2013. Memorable lyrics, great beat, beautiful vocals, nice tempo and a POWERFUL MESSAGE describes Kelly's hot featured single "Dirty Laundry!" If you haven't heard this track that has everyone talking and trending, check out Kelly Rowland- Resentful, Jealous or Free? Of course I had to give an update on Ms. Rowland, as she inspired me to publish my very first article on Uniquely Uncut. She encouraged me for various reason but mainly because she represents what Uniquely Uncut is all about. Rowland not only made the cut but gets made love for being my MOTIVATION to add life to UU.
Why Kelly Rowland is Uniquely Uncut
- Uniquely herself and embraces who she is
- Her music is uncut, real, open, honest, and she keeps it 100%
- Her story is her own personal testimony and an inspiration to others
- She is complete and whole within herself
- Confident, bold and fearless
As expected after Kelly Rowland dropped her single interviews quickly followed. Rowland appeared on several shows and radio stations to discuss "Talk a Good Game." Why? Of course everyone wanted to chat it up with Rowland about the new album but mainly to discuss all the "Dirty Laundry" she aired out. We all seen this coming and Kelly held her own as she responded to every question with style and grace. During Rowland's interviews she is transparent, confident, open and real. I don't want to say I told you so, but Kelly Rowland confirms that she was set free after the release from her album.
Check out Kelly Rowland's Anticipated Interview Responses to Media Speculations
In this interview with Good Morning America, Kelly Rowland opens up and shares her story behind and inside the making of Dirty Laundry. "It's important to show real emotion", Rowland states. She shares how emotional the track was for her and how she was in tears on set. What she shared with the world was truth and the story of her life during a once dark moment. Dirty Laundry was so controversial and had the media buzzing because of the "insinuated" lyrics about Rowland being jealous of Beyonce. "While my sister was on stage I was in rage", Rowland sings. Everyone keeps honing in on the fact that she finally admitted she was jealous of Beyonce. Did she really?
Rowland sets the record straight as she explains that the lyrics regarding Beyonce are so misunderstood. Tell em Kelly! Rowland expresses going through her own personal battle and issues that she was dealing with, while looking at her friend/group member from a different lens. Rowland was in pain and wanting more for herself, and had been hiding behind smiles to disguise the hurt from the world. She acknowledge the fact that Beyonce was doing her thing and Rowland was going through a storm, trying to figure out her next move in the midst of her chaos.There is nothing about that verse or explanation that displays jealously. Even without her explanation, her song shows a woman that was hurting and was honest about the place she was in her life. "Turned into something so positive for me in the end and so proud that it did," Rowland shares.
Highlights from Rowland's interview with Hot 97
- "Talk a Good Game" featuring "Dirty Laundry" is the most opening up Kelly has ever done with a song. The album was a personal journey for her.
- Dirty Laundry– Kudos to The Dream for taking her true life story and turning it into lyrical form. The hit single was not only a release and testimony, but it helped inspire and uplift others.
- The song depicts and describes a place that she was at years ago in her life. Rowland's intent with this album was to be more honest and share her perspective on relationship.
- Rowland has forgiven the man she sings about being in an abusive relationship with. She speaks positive words about him and they have communicated since the incident and the release of the song. Rowland discusses how it is not relevant who he is but more importantly he is no longer the same person and she is proud of him.
- While performing live she admits to having had a moment. A moment where she was in her own world and nothing or anyone else could be seen or mattered at the time.
- Kelly had a good time with this interview as she had lots of laughs, jokes, and humorous moments.
Kelly Rowland is true artist but one who is also human. Rowland made the choice to relive the pain from her past but in return she gained so much more. Vulnerable to the world but a light to herself. Rowland can't and shouldn't be described as jealous, bitter, angry but inspirational, real, empowering, transparent and a living testimony. Thanks Kelly Rowland for being Unique and Complete and whole within yourself and sharing it with the world to see! Much appreciation for going public and holding nothing back.
Try looking at everything from a more plosive light and not as the negative world views it. Uniquely Uncut did not need Kelly Rowland's follow up interviews in response to Dirty Laundry for confirmation, nut lets just say the proof is in the pudding 🙂
JOIN THE CONVERSATION